American Crafts circles

29 September 2011

Yesterday I had my first post on the American Crafts blog. I made a layout and a card using the Daydreams collection which I love because of it's bright and fun summery colours. I was afraid to start scrapping my AC products and felt a little overwhelmed by them. So I just decided to look through the catalogue. And  finally I found my inspiration. The cover of the catalogue is so pretty with clusters of circles and I wanted to do the same. Lots of circles in clusters!
The card was a lot easier. So simple when you've got lovely stickers to work with!
Hier c'était mon premier poste sur American Crafts et voici ma page et carte. 

Supplies: White (71081) - Cardstock, Happy Day Paper (35600) – Daydreams, Sunny Day Paper (35608) – Daydreams, Wishful Day Paper (35610) – Daydreams, Joyful Day Paper (35603) - Daydreams, Friends (42228) – Remarks, Day Dreams Plastic Buttons (85573) – Elements, Smile (42227) – Remarks, Foam Dots (61709) – This to That
A lot of people asked me how I made those embossed circles. It's so easy! With a compass draw a circle on you page. Place an embossing folder underneath and rub over the circle with your bone folder. And voilà! You can use any kinds of shapes. Simple and I find it adds so much texture to a layout! 
Pour faire les cercles embossés rien de plus simple! Dessinez un circle sur votre page. Prenez une plaque à embosser et placez le en dessous du circle. Passez dessus avec un plioir et voilà, le tour est joué.

Supplies: White (71081) – Cardstock, Sunny Day Paper (35608) – Daydreams, Joyful Day Paper (35603) - Daydreams, White Ribbon (58475) – Premium ribbon, Smile (42227) – Remarks, Foam Dots (61709) – This to That

8 comments :

sollie said...

So beautiful!! Love the sparkling colours.
xxx, Isolde

Jessy Christopher said...

You are an amazing and clever scrapper! Look at yr creations...swoon! I love the white space again!

emma_scrap said...

Tes réas sont superbes !! Merci pour l'astuce de l'embossage avec le plioir ;) Bizz

fatima said...

trop jolie page
et je craque pour la catre
merci pour l'astuce
bizzzzzzzzzzzz

LG said...

these are both amazing Lilith! You rock AC products!

Karen said...

Love those embossed circles and you have used the AC colours beautifully!
Fabulous and so you!!!

Christin aka Umenorskan said...

Lovely projects. I had to buy the wood embossing folder this weekend to try it out.

Crie Artezzanato said...

Hi..

I love your work!! Thanks for sharing your creation.

Val
www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs